Doheny's cartridge filter feedback / review

gb99

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2013
Boston, MA
Hi all: I have an old Hayward DE filter and am thinking about moving to a cartridge filter. A quick search shows that Doheny's makes a filter that's significantly less expensive than the other major brands. What's the quality of the Doheny's filter? Is it a case of "you get what you pay for"?

One thing I'm not a fan of is the black housing that may absorb heat and cause tank expansion or fading problems over time (but I hope they thought about this when designing it).

Thanks.

Somebody else was looking at them recently. When I checked out the actual filters, they were rather undersized. The ‘big’ one was the exact same 100 square footer that the big filters use with 4 of them. For the same pool. Yes the ones with 4 are oversized but you’ll have to clean them 4 times as less. 20k gallons is a lot of water. I would want a minimum of 250sq ft for your pool if going cartridge. During pollen season and fall you would be cleaning out the other one weekly if you have any trees around.

Also, I have the black sta-rite filter. It’s a little faded after 8 years of full sun, But it’s solid as can be with no warps.

Reactions: kimkats
Bumping this back up as a Doheny 425 sq ft cartridge filter is $799 delivered. I’m about to take the plunge.

Does anyone know if the two ports on the side of the filter will be an exact match for the Hayward multi - valve port that is on the side of the Hayward DE filters? That would be ideal for me.

Attachments

• F96EFE71-0593-40F1-AFE7-BAEDA809D135.jpeg
    F96EFE71-0593-40F1-AFE7-BAEDA809D135.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 8520F3AA-F2DB-4F41-9366-A47CB585DCB9.jpeg
    8520F3AA-F2DB-4F41-9366-A47CB585DCB9.jpeg
    394.9 KB · Views: 12
If you can find a manual for the Doheny's filter it might include some dimensions then you could compare it to your valve/ filter dimensions. I'm having a hard time finding a manual for that filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.