Dogs that like to swim...

pfitz4

Bronze Supporter
Feb 26, 2018
North Alabama
Our new dog loves to swim in the pool! I have no problem with him being in the pool, but are there any concerns about dog hair? My skimmer baskets have collected some hair - not an alarming amount by enough to notice. I cleaned a little more out of the filter basket. But I’m sure some has made its way to the sand filter. Is this a problem?

Would a swimming dog cause higher FC consumption that I need to account for?

Hairnets are a great idea. I’ll try that. I was worried nylons would decrease the pressure of the water flow. I’ve experienced that with skimmer socks.

The reason I asked about increased FC consumption is that my FC went from 8.5 to 6 over the course of 4 days. I didn’t change my SWG% and FC had been holding fine up until now. But my kids have been in the pool a lot more in the past few days, and water temps increased from high 70s to mid-80s. So I bet those are the main reasons, and not the dog. Seem reasonable?

Its been unusually hot and sunny these past few days. Your kids swam more. Dog in pool.

Oh yeah.... all those are reasons by themselves for increased FC loss... keep an eye on it with testing. You might need to increase your SWG % or pump run time to compensate.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.