Dogs and Intex/Bestway pools?

wsiinfo

Apr 11, 2019
NJ
Hi!
We just downsized into a house with no pool. Had a built in pool for the dogs in the last house and wanted to put up a small pool for them to swim in at this house. Can I just find a reasonably level area of the yard and just put down the fabric liner you would use when installing an in ground pond liner? It is basically a mesh to keep sharp rocks from puncturing the liner from underneath.
Thanks!
Ronnie

Hi!
Any thoughts how the Intex/Bestway pool will stand up to dogs swimming around? I am planning to get a small rectangle size (16-18ft) and possibly lay an additional pond liner inside to protect the liner from nails. Anyone have any experience with dogs in these pools?
Thanks again!
Ronnie

My neighbor is actually a pool builder. He brought home a "holding tank" type pool that they use for transferring water from an old pool to a new, or during liner replacements and pool repairs. VERY heavy duty. Much more than Intex/Bestway/Summer Waves, etc brand pools. He has a Pitbull. Dog's nails put holes in the pool.

Reactions: wsiinfo
Yeah might look into a gorilla pad, I have no experience with it but I think that what it is for. Most people will say to get the pool within 1" so if the ground is close its not too bad, having done that before I do like my level and nice installed pool instead of a quick install

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.