Dogs and Intex/Bestway pools?

wsiinfo

Apr 11, 2019
NJ
Hi!
We just downsized into a house with no pool. Had a built in pool for the dogs in the last house and wanted to put up a small pool for them to swim in at this house. Can I just find a reasonably level area of the yard and just put down the fabric liner you would use when installing an in ground pond liner? It is basically a mesh to keep sharp rocks from puncturing the liner from underneath.
Thanks!
Ronnie

wsiinfo

Apr 11, 2019
NJ
Hi!
Any thoughts how the Intex/Bestway pool will stand up to dogs swimming around? I am planning to get a small rectangle size (16-18ft) and possibly lay an additional pond liner inside to protect the liner from nails. Anyone have any experience with dogs in these pools?
Thanks again!
Ronnie

bloodfromastone

Apr 11, 2019
Buffalo, NY
My neighbor is actually a pool builder. He brought home a "holding tank" type pool that they use for transferring water from an old pool to a new, or during liner replacements and pool repairs. VERY heavy duty. Much more than Intex/Bestway/Summer Waves, etc brand pools. He has a Pitbull. Dog's nails put holes in the pool.

Reactions: wsiinfo

cfherrman

TFP Guide
May 10, 2017
Hays, Kansas
Yeah might look into a gorilla pad, I have no experience with it but I think that what it is for. Most people will say to get the pool within 1" so if the ground is close its not too bad, having done that before I do like my level and nice installed pool instead of a quick install

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I think the trick is to try to train them to go in via stairs (heavy dute wedding cake type) and to get out that way also, and never any place else. That should help.

Reactions: wsiinfo

wsiinfo

Apr 11, 2019
NJ
Yeah might look into a gorilla pad, I have no experience with it but I think that what it is for. Most people will say to get the pool within 1" so if the ground is close its not too bad, having done that before I do like my level and nice installed pool instead of a quick install
Thanks Casey!

wsiinfo

Apr 11, 2019
NJ
My neighbor is actually a pool builder. He brought home a "holding tank" type pool that they use for transferring water from an old pool to a new, or during liner replacements and pool repairs. VERY heavy duty. Much more than Intex/Bestway/Summer Waves, etc brand pools. He has a Pitbull. Dog's nails put holes in the pool.
Thanks!

Other Threads of Interest