Does this make sense

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
My water is crystal clear and my fc-0
Cc-0

I opened last Sat. And I slammed for about 3 days. After the water became clear, I turned on my swg. I have flow, my salt is 3600.

Can your water look great and not be done slamming or do you think my swg is a problem? It's only 2-3 years old. Original cell.....I can't believe the cell is bad already. Our pool season is only 3 months. No deposits on the cell either

Cell bad or not----I'd get some bleach in there pretty quick. Others here can help you diagnose the cell itself. Got any error codes, flashing lights or anything on it?
Can your water look great and not be done slamming or do you think my swg is a problem?
Did you pass all three criteria for the SLAM?

1 - measure FC with sample from point away from your returns (or with pump off).
2 - measure FC with sample with pump on and captured from water coming from return. Make sure pool pilot is set to boost. Otherwise, it may not be producing when you take sample.

If the values are the same, you are not producing FC. You should see much higher value with sample 2 (from returns).

If producing FC and you have an issue maintaining level, then take full set of chemical readings FC, TC, PH, TA, CYA, salt level and post.

Note - a salt water chlorine generator (SWG) will not produce when water temps are near and below 60 F.

Also, under the maintenance menu there is a Test Pool Pilot selection which will display information about system, like the water temp and power level being sent to cell. You can examine these. Details in manual.

Finally, check if any warning lights/messages on display.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.