Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Closed pool in November.
Fc at slam. Did not add polyquat
Put on this mesh cover. Robelle
Still having some leaves fall
From. Near by tree. Pine tree above the pool will also collect pine cones.

do I need to clear out the leaves?
the water was below the intake valves. May need to drain with excepted rain this week.
89531C44-7F31-48F1-A5CD-BD4690ECE97E.jpeg

E441A143-66CF-4E6F-8CB4-B6D48247BFD7.jpeg

Reactions: Mdragger88
That looks like a solid cover to me.
if it’s holding rain water it’s solid.
I personally go out & scoop leaves on a regular basis & try to keep water pumped off my cover. I feel it makes your cover deteriorate less quickly less likely to rip & prevents water displacement that would end up in your skimmer. Also here in the south we have mosquitoes year round- the water on top of the cover has no chlorine so its a breeding ground.
When i had that same pool u have I bought a pack of ratchet straps & went all the way around the pool with them. It worked quite well to secure the cover. (Incase your jugs give u issues)

I have a mesh cover on my AGP. The mesh covers are supposed to be pulled tight (I use some 2" spring clamps from Home Depot to keep the cover on). I have a large float to keep the cover elevated from the water. The idea is that the rain water passes through and anything else like leaves just sit on the cover and the next windy day they blow off since they aren't touching the water. letting that cover rest on the water defeats the purpose and will just allow dirty water into the pool.

Now if that's a solid cover then it looks good, but it's hard to tell from the picture

Reactions: Dadofthree74
Looks like a solid cover to me. Are you sure it’s mesh? I have an Intex that I keep up year-round and “close” for the winter but I don’t use a cover — just scoop leaves and nasty stuff out of the water as needed (when it’s not frozen, obviously). If I were you, I would try to pump some of that water off the cover since our type of pool isn’t designed to be left up year-round and you don’t want the frame to collapse due to too much weight from water/ice/whatever. Intex are less structurally sound than a more “permanent” above ground pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dadofthree74
Closed pool in November.
Fc at slam. Did not add polyquat
Put on this mesh cover. Robelle
Still having some leaves fall
From. Near by tree. Pine tree above the pool will also collect pine cones.

do I need to clear out the leaves?
the water was below the intake valves. May need to drain with excepted rain this week.

That looks like a solid cover. It also looks like a circular pool. 15 x 42 would be far more of an oval shape. As a solid cover, it is doing it's job. As mentioned above, consider scooping out the leaves and pumping the water. Water is heavy and you don't want the walls collapsing in on itself.

Thanks for everyone’s response.

I checked the order and it says it’s a mesh pool cover.

Plan.
Scoop out the leaves.
Tighten the cover or make it more taught.
How do I pump off the water?

maybe I should leave the cover off. But won’t the pool get nasty If debris falls in it?
That looks like a solid cover to me.
if it’s holding rain water it’s solid.
I personally go out & scoop leaves on a regular basis & try to keep water pumped off my cover. I feel it makes your cover deteriorate less quickly less likely to rip & prevents water displacement that would end up in your skimmer. Also here in the south we have mosquitoes year round- the water on top of the cover has no chlorine so its a breeding ground.
When i had that same pool u have I bought a pack of ratchet straps & went all the way around the pool with them. It worked quite well to secure the cover. (Incase your jugs give u issues)
I’m not understanding the ratchet concept. Do the rachet straps go under the pool cover like a scaffolding? Or do the ratchets attach to the end of the cover to pull it tighter. ?

I’m not understanding the ratchet concept. Do the rachet straps go under the pool cover like a scaffolding? Or do the ratchets attach to the end of the cover to pull it tighter.
They go around the pool like a belt just below the top edge after the cover is pulled tight. Kinda like tucking in your shirt and then putting your belt on.

Your cover should have come with the winch and cable. That's what the grommets are intended for.

Looking at the second picture, you have tea. With a mesh cover, that's what the water in the pool looks like, too. A lot of organics, meaning your chlorine is history. While you are adjusting the cover, grab a water sample and check. If needed, and chlorine and stir it around with the brush, so you don't have any nasty surprises come opening.

I have something that looks like this. Actually, exactly like this. It pumps 350 gal/hour.

You can get it off Amazon for about $30-40 or at your local pool store (Didn't see one on TfTestkits, otherwise I'd link it.). I got mine at Leslie's before I found TFP. Don't think I've been there more than 4 times in the last 5+ years.

Very easy to use. Attach a garden hose and plug it in. Just make sure it is upright, as there is an internal auto-shut off mechanism.

1608218639929.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If it is a mesh cover and you try and pump water off the top of it you are likely to empty your pool in the process. The pump will pull water up from the pool through the mesh.

Scoop the leaves off, tighten the cover, and leave the water alone until the spring. Then plan on the SLAM Process at opening. There is little to be gained by fooling around with the water chemistry now.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thanks for everyone’s response.

I checked the order and it says it’s a mesh pool cover.

Plan.
Scoop out the leaves.
Tighten the cover or make it more taught.

maybe I should leave the cover off. But won’t the pool get nasty If debris falls in it?

I’m not understanding the ratchet concept. Do the rachet straps go under the pool cover like a scaffolding? Or do the ratchets attach to the end of the cover to pull it tighter. ?
I just wrapped mine around the pool (hooked to each other) but i also had a solid cover which is meant to sit on the water

Ok. I’ll get the leaves off and water and “tighten my belt!”

the water under the pool does not look like tea. Here is a photo from the return valve I took out when I closed the pool. .may get a sample.
CC1B4123-D3D1-490C-B674-09E209DE6D16.jpeg

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.