Henderson, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey everyone so today I was getting ready to brush the bottom of my pool when I noticed this collection at the bottom. I thought it was just dirt but I'm also wondering if this could actually be mustard algae? I swept it towards the main drain and it suspended into the pool like it was dirt. I've been noticing that my FC levels have been slowly dropping. On 2/1 I recorded my FC as 7.5 ppm. 2/2 FC was 6.5 ppm. 2/3 was 6 ppm. 2/4 it was 5 ppm. Today I recorded FC as 4 ppm. CYA has been <30. What do you think guys think should I just treat it as mustard algae and perform the SLAM process? I've also included some GoPro footage of this that I've uploaded onto Youtube. Appreciate any help thanks everyone!

1.png
2.png

Here's another video that I took just now. There is a wind advisory here in the Las Vegas valley so I'm not sure if this could also just be dirt that has collected at the bottom.

Okay will do. I'll plan to perform OCLT. Thanks!
Before = after sunset. After = before sunrise. oooooh those early mornings...

Good Morning GIF

Reactions: kaymaza
OCLT performed. Yesterday evening FC was 4.5, CC 0. This morning FC was 3.5, CC 0. I'm right on the border. I guess right now I should just continue to observe?

Alright so I performed another OCLT and yesterday evening after sunset FC was 15 CC 0. This morning before sunrise FC was 17.5 🤔 and CC 0. No visible algae present. The SLAM process took about 2 days. Not sure why my FC went up to 17.5 but nevertheless, does 2 days of SLAM sound okay as long as the all the criteria are met to discontinue the SLAM process?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Likely testing error. Do you have a speed stir? How "fast" do you squeeze off the drops? (HINT:you should squeeze evvvvvvver so slightly, let the drop form and drop off the tip on its own). Do you hold the bottle vertical?
I do have a speed stir bit I don't use it for the FAS/DPD chlorine test. I angle the bottle about -30 to -45 degrees and then apply the drop one at a time while tapping the test tube so that it can mix accordingly.

I agree I do think it's a testing error. I checked the chlorine levels again this evening and got an FC of 15.5 and a CC of 0. Yesterday evening I had an FC of 15 and CC of 0. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.