Does the order of balancing water matter?

ajw, just curious, how often do you suggest checking FC and pH? I've been pretty obsessive about it, check daily, sometimes more if I checked in the morning and soak in the evening, or checking before and after adding chemicals. I wouldn't mind checking a bit less often, maybe every other day, or after soaking. Altho I've also wondered if you get accurate results right after the tub has been used. Also wondering if I need to check FC as often since I'm using an SWG now.

ajw, just curious, how often do you suggest checking FC and pH? I've been pretty obsessive about it, check daily, sometimes more if I checked in the morning and soak in the evening, or checking before and after adding chemicals. I wouldn't mind checking a bit less often, maybe every other day, or after soaking. Altho I've also wondered if you get accurate results right after the tub has been used. Also wondering if I need to check FC as often since I'm using an SWG now.

You have to learn how long it takes for your FC to get low enough or pH to get high enough to need adjustment. How long can your spa go before it needs a pH adjustment? That tells you the interval you can probably test at.

As I said above, as your TA goes down the rate of pH rise should slow. So how long between testing and needing pH adjustments will vary some as your TA changes.

Once you get your SWG dialed in your FC should be pretty stable between tests. Your CL testing should be to discover if your SWG fails or if the % output needs to be tweaked up or down.

I think your pH will dictate how frequently you need to test with you having the SWG.

Testing once a day should be fine. The water isn't going to change that much.

Once you are confident in what you are doing and the effect of adding chemicals I don't see a reason to check after adding chemicals. Testing after adding chemicals is for your education.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.