Does Strainer Pot need to be filled to the top??

Oct 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I have a Hayward VSP (SP3200VSP) that has been running great since we built 5 yrs ago. Just this summer I have noticed that when priming the pump after cleaning the filter, the strainer pot doesn't fill all the way up to the clear lid...but it used to. Right now the water is even with the top lip of the actual strainer, just not up to the clear plastic.

Is it okay the water level in the pot is lower?

I do notice some small bubbles coming from one of my two returns (only two in our fiberglass pool) so guessing there is an air leak and I just changed out the two drain plugs with new o-rings and lube. The O-Ring on the strainer lid is one season old and covered in lube too.

Should I keep digging into this or is my current water level in the pump nothing to be concerned about??

Thx!

It may be a developing problem or it may not. Sometimes it is best to wait and monitor the situation if it is not effecting anything. If it is a small air leak then over time it will get larger and easier to find.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.