Does omnilogic control pentair intelli lights

Sep 22, 2018
Houma, LA
I am rehabbing a pool and the contractor recommended the pentair Led Intellilights. They seem to only work with the Pentair system. He also recommended the aqua rite salt generator. I am looking at adding automation as well. Does the omni logic control the pentair intelli lights?

I am rehabbing a pool and the contractor recommended the pentair Led Intellilights. They seem to only work with the Pentair system. He also recommended the aqua rite salt generator. I am looking at adding automation as well. Does the omni logic control the pentair intelli lights?

Chad,
Welcome to TFP.
Are you referring to Pentair IntelliBrite? They used to make "SunBrite" but that is discontinued.

IMHO, if you are considering a Salt Chlorine Generator, I would recommend the Pentair IntelliChlor based on my own experiences and helping neighbors and friends solve their SWCG issues. It seems to be the most reliable, but others here can provide you with their own personal preferences and experiences.

I'm personally not sure if Omni-Logic would give you all of the IntelliBrite functionality when integrating the two. Other's here may know. I would recommend (when possible) to try to stick with one manufacturer, as they usually make all their products to be functionally compatible with each other.

And oh year, forgot to add. If you are referring IntelliBrite. I went looking for a new LED light replacement earlier in the year. After some exhaustive research (it's the OCD in me :D) on TFP and also using other resources, I found that the IntelliBrite had a lot of reliability issues. I settled on the J&J ColorSplash XG LED light based on my research. So far I am really pleased with my decision.

You might want to do your own research and see what you find. FYI - The J&J is completely compatible with any Pentair Automation that you may consider in the future (light scenes, color switching etc).

Hope this helps a bit.

Omni logic doesn't communicate right with intellibrites. I would suggest with a pentair automation with the ic-40 and intellibrites. But do remember to get a surge protector on your sub panel as pentair doesn't have any protection aganst surges built in to their system. The surge protector will keep you lights living long.

Omni logic doesn't communicate right with intellibrites. I would suggest with a pentair automation with the ic-40 and intellibrites. But do remember to get a surge protector on your sub panel as pentair doesn't have any protection aganst surges built in to their system. The surge protector will keep you lights living long.

That was my thought, but I wasn't sure, so I did not want to say anything that might mislead.
For sure Pentair automation will be good for the IntelliBrite (and the Color Spash's ;)).

Surge Protector for sure. I'm sure glad I did my research here on TFP, (got some sound advice from a TFP Expert, who I believe might have learned the "hard way" (yikes), and so I opted to "lay down" for a quality surge protector for the load center/attached equipment. I want to be one of those who learned the "easy way" lol....

2018-09-23_14-05-02.jpg

Thank you so much. The helps a lot. I like to learn everything I can and do most of the work. We are currently in the process of taking the pool al the way down to the gunite, replacing all the tile and coping. I have hired a contractor to do most of that work. I am also running all new plumbing lines to all new equipment. I Like to future proof as much as possible.

And oh year, forgot to add. If you are referring IntelliBrite. I went looking for a new LED light replacement earlier in the year. After some exhaustive research (it's the OCD in me :D) on TFP and also using other resources, I found that the IntelliBrite had a lot of reliability issues. I settled on the J&J ColorSplash XG LED light based on my research. So far I am really pleased with my decision.

You might want to do your own research and see what you find. FYI - The J&J is completely compatible with any Pentair Automation that you may consider in the future (light scenes, color switching etc).

Hope this helps a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I will definitely look into one.

- - - Updated - - -

It really is a toss up. I am really like the omni logic system. It seems easy to set up and future proof.. But I am open to all.

Thank you so much. The helps a lot. I like to learn everything I can and do most of the work. We are currently in the process of taking the pool al the way down to the gunite, replacing all the tile and coping. I have hired a contractor to do most of that work. I am also running all new plumbing lines to all new equipment. I Like to future proof as much as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

I will definitely look into one.

- - - Updated - - -

It really is a toss up. I am really like the omni logic system. It seems easy to set up and future proof.. But I am open to all.

Chad, if you can tell us a little bit more about your pool in your "signature" (here are some guidelines), it will be much easier for the experts and others, to help you out with recommendations on equipment, plumbing, pool options, etc etc. The size of your pool, spa (if applicable) and how or it is connected to the pool (equalizer line, spillover etc), any water features you may have and anything else that might play into those recommendations.

Just my two cents, I, like many others here (albeit not all), tend to prefer Pentair Automation. Seems to be (IMHO), the solid performer in automation. One thing to note and other's will probably agree. Headaches will be severely lessened when you try to stay with one manufacturer for much of your pool equipment (especially when considering automation). COMPATIBILITY...

Pumps, high end LED lights that do more than just go on or off, salt water chlorinators or other electronic sanitation devices (chemical feeders etc.) especially should be of the same manufacture if possible. To some extent, pool heaters/spa heaters, but not as important unless you go high end. The higher end heaters have added features sometimes that can be taken advantage of by the automation.

Hope this helps to get you a little farther down the road.
Definitely tell us about your pool in your signature.
Thanks...
r..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.