Does it seem weird to run your pump every other day?

pktaske

May 31, 2023
Monroe Township, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Since my pool pump timer stopped working last month, I've probably only ran my filter about 6-8 hours every other day due to forgetting to turn it on. I have a Paramount cleaning system also which runs 90% of the time when the pump runs for those 6-8 hours. I chlorinate via 2 floats with tabs. Activity (people) have been in it most days so it's getting circulated during the day for a few hours.

My pool is clear as glass and all levels are rock solid. Am I playing with fire here by being so laissez-faire with filtering?

Its certainly isnt the norm, but as long as your filter, skimming, and in-floor cleaner needs are met I see no reason it couldn't work for you. I would keep an eye on it going into fall if you typically get a good amount of leaves.

Mid season filtering needs plummet for most folks. In the spring and fall there's exponentially more crud falling/blowing in.

So suffice to say, running your filter is mostly for particulate control and not so so much water chemistry (aside from the role it plays in circulation)?

Note I put my chlorine floats inside a tube with a horse head and they get pushed around the pool pretty good.

Reactions: Newdude
So suffice to say, running your filter is mostly for particulate control and not so so much water chemistry
You are entirely responsible for the chemistry. We'll help. We've gotten pretty good at it. ;)

The filter is solely for particulate matter.

The pump circulates whether it's :

Chem mixing (20 mins)
Filtering (based on need)
Skimming (based on need)
Producing FC with SWG (based on unit size)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.