Does anyone know of a wifi-enabled filter pressure gauge?

Did they update it? When I read it, the typical car (an SUV) was the Ford Explorer. But they didn’t cost $40,000 when I read it.
I read the first one, I think they did update it again. All high school age kids need to read and understand that..
Heard a interesting survey once..Don't remember the details but the people who make over $200K a year spent a LOT less on their kids prom then people who makes less then $35K

At some point soon I plan on tackling this. I think @cmc0619 has made some progress in this department.

Once I have my pH sensor wired up into my automation system the same principals would apply to a pressure sensor. You will need some form of computing platform and ADC to read the data, but it is not overly complex.

Is this what you are looking for?: www.SmartPoolGauge.com

Know anything about it?

A glance at their website site makes it look like one of those WiFi devices that requires Internet access to the manufacturer's cloud service. If they won't let you connect directly to the device, you'll be paying to be able to continue using it after the first year, and you'll be completely out of luck if they go under.

Most people make enough to be comfortable in this country, but many don't know how to save at all. One of the keys to this is not doing things like having pools built! (oops). But doing most stuff yourself, buying the second or third quality stuff instead of the best, etc. go a long way. I wish the maintenance in Pool Math would add a "descale SWCG" option. It appears I will need that. More on that later in my own thread.

Reactions: markayash
My DIY controller reads a pressure transducer hooked to my filter It's not wireless though. You could do something like that though.

If you're handy, here's the parts to make one.

Raspberry Pi Zero WH - $36.49 (you can hunt around online and they're like $15)
Battery - $40 (You could cut this cost out by plugging it into electrical at the pad)
ADC hat for the Pi - 17.95$
Pressure Transducer - $16.90 (Screws right into the outlet of your filter at the top, can even put a splitter on it to keep your analog version)

Then you just run the pressure transducer to the ADC hat and run software on your pi that reads it and transmits it to your smarthome software, or runs a webpage where you can view it, etc, etc. All wirelessly. I recommend node-red running on the pi to program it, it's simple to use and there's a few of us on here that could lend a hand should you need it.

EDIT: This ADC board is easier to use (no voltage divider, just plug and play) but it's sourced from a UK company

Last edited:
You could probably also run an ESP8266 with Arduino code instead of the Raspberry Pi. It has one A/D converter on it-- 10 bit. Slow but that's okay for pressure. You can literally ebay those for about $5-6 a piece instead of the Pi and they have built in 2.4 GHz wifi. The Pi is going to be a more robust solution but this is another one. Cool project if you think you need it... I should consider it since I have a gauge on the floor system as well.. if that one reads low at the high pump run time I'd have a plugged filter....

Edit: a 10 bit A/D with that transducer about will give you approximately .17 PSI steps (since it reads from 0-174 PSI when you do the metric conversion). That should be just fine for our usage, but you probably could scale this down a bit with an op-amp configured with a gain of about 2-3 (clamped at 3.3V for the A/D) then you'd be looking at better than 0.1 PSI. I wouldn't bother, honestly...

It's a really cool project isn't it? If you were to order a 100 PSI gauge and run it from a 3.3V ESP8266, you still would need to power the sender unit from 5V, but if you simply zener diode clamped the output of the sensor at 3.3V (or again used an opamp to do this) you could read up to approximately 73 PSI at a resolution of 0.07 PSI approximately... in theory anyway.. I read at least one of those sensors reads absolute pressure with 0 PSIA being .11 V or so. Cool as beans but again, I could think of a lot of other stuff I would need to monitor first though (like my SWCG! :) ). But $5 for an ESP8266 from Ebay $18 for the sensor and another $10 for the clamping circuit and the 5V and 3.3V power supplies could make this a really cheap project and probably really fun too. Heck, maybe I should add this to my air compressor! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Know anything about it?

A glance at their website site makes it look like one of those WiFi devices that requires Internet access to the manufacturer's cloud service. If they won't let you connect directly to the device, you'll be paying to be able to continue using it after the first year, and you'll be completely out of luck if they go under.

That's correct. From the website:
Cloud-based web monitoring. One year of cloud service is included free of charge. Service can be continued for just US$10 per year thereafter

Hey Alexa whats my filter pressure?
Hey dude walk outside and look?

I do fell pretty lazy asking Alexa "what time is it"
:)
I don't. I have to ask that witch everything three times to get "her" to do the correct thing. ! My wife and I have actually discussed getting rid of all of it....

I have the ESP8266, pressure sensor, temperature sensor, and liquid level sensor (for my chlorine tank) sitting on my desk waiting on me to finish other projects.
You sound like me...enjoy finishing it up in 2024... :) I might try this project because literally the pressure sender is the only thing I don't have in a drawer...

I don't. I have to ask that witch everything three times to get "her" to do the correct thing. ! My wife and I have actually discussed getting rid of all of it....

I started reading that and thought wow he is calling his wife that..He will be dead soon :)
Then read they 2nd sentence.

Yea I can relate
" alexa tune off Den LIght" " I don't know what that is" " well you turned it on :)

• Haha
Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.