Do you buy a new test kit every two years, or just replace the bottles as needed?

Clyde

Jun 6, 2016
Western Connecticut
Hi. I noticed that the chemicals in my Taylor test kit generally last around 2 years (per the expiration date). I am fine for this year (as well as last), but it looks like for the 2018 season (next year), many of my chemicals in the kit will be expired.

What do people typically do and what is the cheapest alternative-- buy each individual chemical as it expires throughout next year, or at the beginning of next season, just buy an entirely new test kit? Thanks

I wait for a Spring special refill deal from TFtestkits and buy through them. It gives me all I need, fresh for the new season. I don't try to stretch the chemical life more than one year but I use them all year in Phoenix of course.

Hey Clyde, I always tried to stretch my chemicals in the past however I will not be doing that anymore. Just recently I was testing using old chemicals and I decided to compare those results with a fresh batch of chemicals and I saw a very dramatic difference between tests. Unfortunately I had already adjusted my pool under the old chemicals results and now I am having to readjust again:(. LESSONS LEARNED and I feel so STUPID:pale:. I will be replacing my chemicals every year. BTW I always purchase the refill kit for the TFP 100:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.