Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,
First time pool owner, We just finished the pool about 2 months ago and since then I have been trying to balance the chemicals, I do not want to hire a pool company to maintain. Do the numbers below look okay?

==========================================
------------------------------------------

Build Type: Plaster

Volume: 12000 gallons

------------------------------------------

Latest Test Result Summary:

FC: 6.0 (yesterday)

CC: 0.0 (yesterday)

pH: 7.8 (yesterday)

TA: 90 (yesterday)

CH: 375 (yesterday)

CYA: 40 (yesterday)

SALT: 3400 (yesterday)

TEMPERATURE: 84° (yesterday)

CSI: 0.17 (yesterday)

==========================================

John

John, overall they do look good. The CYA is a bit low for a salt pool, we generally recommend about 70 minimum. So if you see the pool having difficulty maintaining FC, you might want to increase the CYA a bit. See FC/CYA Levels.

When you get a chance. also add your test kit to your signature. :)

John, overall they do look good. The CYA is a bit low for a salt pool, we generally recommend about 70 minimum. So if you see the pool having difficulty maintaining FC, you might want to increase the CYA a bit. See FC/CYA Levels.

Thank you!

Is there any risk to adding too much CYA? Will adding more CYA increase my salt level as well?

Is there any risk to adding too much CYA? Will adding more CYA increase my salt level as well?
Too high is a risk in any pool (90 or above), but with us salt owners, a CYA of 70 is recommended. If you're concerned, you can go in 10 ppm stages to slowly get up to about 60 and monitor the FC resilience to the sun. Adding CYA won't change your salt level.

Reactions: JHUB
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.