Do Pentair IntelliBrite Lights Fit in a Hayward Niche?

joesc230

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2015
Central, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all,

I have Hayward ColorLogic 12v lights in my pool (model number LPCUS11100) but would like to replace them with Pentair IntelliBrite lights, as I have Pentair EasyTouch and when I switched to Pentair the installer misadvised me when I asked him if I would lose any functionality as far as the Hayward lights go. I did nothing about it for the 6 years since the Pentair automation was installed, as it's not the end of the world...but one of the Hayward lights died recently and I'd rather replace it with Pentair if I'm spending the money on it.

I have a Hayward niche that I think reads AC-664310 on the inside, but it's hard to say for sure while trying to read the number under water with goggles (I wear glasses, so it was a bit blurry for me even with the goggles). I don't see that model number, or anything close to it, listed online, so I looked at what info Hayward has available and (hoping that they didn't change their niches since my 2013 pool construction) I think I must have niche LFGUY1000 because Hayward lists that as their most shallow niche, and say that it's 2.75" deep. When I tried to measure the depth on my niches I thought it was around 2-3/8"...but again, doing it underwater was difficult as far as getting an exact measurement.

I checked the specs of the Pentair lights and it says they're 2.45" deep, so I wasn't sure if that's cutting it too close (if my niche is actually 2.75" deep, which I'm hoping it is) when considering the wire or anything else.

Does anyone know if the Pentair light can be installed in the Hayward niche I have? I reached out to Pentair about it and they said that there might be an adapter that would allow for it, but that they couldn't advise further. I reached out to Hayward and they said they can't advise. I found a video from years ago on Youtube where the person in the video says he such an install was possible, but doesn't actually show it being done...so I'm iffy on trusting it.

I'd just purchase the lights and see if they fit if that wouldn't involve me having to first uninstall the Hayward lights. I really don't want to remove the Hayward and then find out that the Pentair doesn't fit. If it's all uncertain I'll just buy a Hayward, but being able to properly control the Pentair lights would be better.

Hi all,

I have Hayward ColorLogic 12v lights in my pool (model number LPCUS11100) but would like to replace them with Pentair IntelliBrite lights, as I have Pentair EasyTouch and when I switched to Pentair the installer misadvised me when I asked him if I would lose any functionality as far as the Hayward lights go. I did nothing about it for the 6 years since the Pentair automation was installed, as it's not the end of the world...but one of the Hayward lights died recently and I'd rather replace it with Pentair if I'm spending the money on it.

I have a Hayward niche that I think reads AC-664310 on the inside, but it's hard to say for sure while trying to read the number under water with goggles (I wear glasses, so it was a bit blurry for me even with the goggles). I don't see that model number, or anything close to it, listed online, so I looked at what info Hayward has available and (hoping that they didn't change their niches since my 2013 pool construction) I think I must have niche LFGUY1000 because Hayward lists that as their most shallow niche, and say that it's 2.75" deep. When I tried to measure the depth on my niches I thought it was around 2-3/8"...but again, doing it underwater was difficult as far as getting an exact measurement.

I checked the specs of the Pentair lights and it says they're 2.45" deep, so I wasn't sure if that's cutting it too close (if my niche is actually 2.75" deep, which I'm hoping it is) when considering the wire or anything else.

Does anyone know if the Pentair light can be installed in the Hayward niche I have? I reached out to Pentair about it and they said that there might be an adapter that would allow for it, but that they couldn't advise further. I reached out to Hayward and they said they can't advise. I found a video from years ago on Youtube where the person in the video says he such an install was possible, but doesn't actually show it being done...so I'm iffy on trusting it.

I'd just purchase the lights and see if they fit if that wouldn't involve me having to first uninstall the Hayward lights. I really don't want to remove the Hayward and then find out that the Pentair doesn't fit. If it's all uncertain I'll just buy a Hayward, but being able to properly control the Pentair lights would be better.
1654555989977.png
In other words, no it won't fit that niche if this is the light. Intellibrite 5G

Thanks for the info. Based on that image, I definitely would have no choice but to stick with the Hayward...but I found different dimensions for it on a few retail sites selling them. Several sites are showing this:

1654557695530.png

According to one of the sites, the specs above are for:

"Pentair IntelliBrite 5G LED COLOR Pool Light for Inground Pools | 12V 100' Cord | EC-602124"

Is there a model number listed where you found those specs?

Thanks for the info. Based on that image, I definitely would have no choice but to stick with the Hayward...but I found different dimensions for it on a few retail sites selling them. Several sites are showing this:

View attachment 420166

According to one of the sites, the specs above are for:
"Pentair IntelliBrite 5G LED COLOR Pool Light for Inground Pools | 12V 100' Cord | EC-602124"

Is there a model number listed where you found those specs?
It may be an older model. I believe it is 19917Z, but not sure.

It may be an older model. I believe it is 19917Z, but not sure.
Ok, thanks. Yeah, sounds like an older model. Seems like the latest model is not as deep...I just don't know if it will actually fit. Might have to just stick with the Hayward to play it safe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.