Do Over Do Right I hope

Miniman

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2016
HOUSTON/ TEXAS
I just began my quest to build a deck around the new pool with new equipment that I got on crazy sales. My pool from last season rusted out bad and the pool also gave way not being leveled correctly. This time i will do it right. The weather was against me but I managed to level the yard in the area where the pool will sit. I will attempt to post the before and after. I have sand down tonight and then pool up and deck built.Trying to stay optimistic. I am still debating what to put under the pool for added comfort & protection.
comment & opinions needed: Foamular Insulation Sheathing vs Rigid foam board vs Gorilla FloorPadding vs ??

IMG_1518.jpg IMG_1516.jpg Pool level.jpg

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
The Gorilla pad is just a tarp really for weed blocking. I have heard of some using foam house board. They say it is nice on the feet. It does need to be triple taped to keep it from gaping.

Kim:kim:

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Wide and as good as you can find. I have heard good things about the Gorilla tape (how weird that I do not want you to use the Gorilla pad).

Kim:kim:

domct203

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 3, 2015
CT
Are you digging down the high spots to level, or building up the low spots with soil?