-Do It Yourself Pool Build-Basic Inground vinyl liner

Honestly-this was the pool we could buy and actually get delivered this summer in the size/shape we liked. (We picked in on ground pool because the walls do not have to be backfilled the whole way and we did build it into a hillside.) We did assemble it with the skimmer so the wind blows into it.

We have successfully poured the concrete ring around the pool—on the 3rd try—try one concrete truck broke down and #2 was cancelled for weather.

Unfortunately the pool Crete was to be installed tomorrow but I’m pretty sure they are going to cancel—too much rain—the ground is too wet.

We also had the electrical and the propane line completed this week. Slowly…

Reactions: Newdude
And we had the pool Crete placed (bought way to much—guess that’s better than not enough) liner placed, plumbing finished and water delivered.

Next we will have inspection on Tuesday and then we can work on some drainage and then start backfilling.

Attachments

• 2613AD56-27B3-4DAE-9767-A42331817730.jpeg
    2613AD56-27B3-4DAE-9767-A42331817730.jpeg
    862.5 KB · Views: 37
Just catching up on your thread. Boom 💥 It’s a pool!! You had way fewer delays than most, looks like things are chugging along! Y’all should be very proud of all your hard work.
If you don’t mind me asking, About how much did y’all spend to accomplish this?

And we had the pool Crete placed (bought way to much—guess that’s better than not enough) liner placed, plumbing finished and water delivered.

Next we will have inspection on Tuesday and then we can work on some drainage and then start backfilling.
How much pool krete was estimated for your pool vs how much you actually used? We are doing pool krete as well and I am a few bags short of the estimate. Pool krete is expensive so im planning on using what I have and than ordering more as needed.

I bought the pool crete online from pro pools and they estimated I needed 55 bags and I then bought 64 bags (at their suggestion--to account for waste or small amounts of overdig). I only used 45 bags.

(I did sell the remaining bags already but for half of what I paid for them)

As for the cost

The pool kit (on ground kit--we weren't sure when we bought if we would put it the whole way in the ground or not--plus this kit was the size we wanted and had a 3 week lead time--the in ground kits were cheaper but had a 6-8 week lead time) $18,312
Excavation $5300 (several people said I overpaid for this but they did a great job--saved all the topsoil--completely revamped my yard--there was a hillside where the pool is--worked hard for two days--dig was underdug by about 1.5 inches in several spots--overdug nowhere)
Concrete ring around pool $1,531
Concrete pump $500 (wheeling concrete is not in my skill set)
Pool crete installation, liner installation, plumbing parts and installation $6797
Total for these items $32.440--(pool store quoted these items (without coming to my home-so just a rough quote/estimate--had sand for pool base) $55,000

Electrician $2361
Propane heater $2931
Propane Installation $1000
Water $1100
Permits $314
Pool crete $2113
Part for bonding pool $81
Total for this stuff (not included in pool store quote) $9,900

Still need to pay for
Stone for backfill ?
Concrete deck (quoted $7400)
Winter cover
Fence--haven't even looked into this yet.

So probably when it is all said and done I'll be at $55,00--$60,000 more or less.

My husband and I did the pool assembly and poured the concrete ring. Also, we will do the labor for the backfill and we put some drainage around the pool to keep the water away, moved some downspouts etc.

We ordered the kit on July 5.
Everything delivered July 26
Excavation scheduled August 6/7--cancelled by rain
Excavation Augst 13/14
We left on vacation on August 16
Pool assembly Augst 22-26
Pour concrete August 26--cancelled concrete truck broke down
Pour concrete August 30--cancelled horrible weather
Pour concrete Sept 2
Put on coping/prep bottom of pool/put up strings/start plumbing September 4
Place pool crete, complete plumbing, place liner, fill with water September 10/11
It rained a lot from August 26 to September 11--pumping out the water worked ok--but using a shop vac to suck up the water worked great--in our efforts to keep the bottom of the pool from becoming a mud pit before the pool crete was put down.

Thanks for all the great threads on this site--so helpful! Hope this info helps someone else.

To update my own thread. Before winter we backfilled then we quit. In January we uncovered the pool and started work again. We poured two very nice sidewalks with stairs in February. And just today we finally poured the deck. I have gotten three fence quotes and made a deal with one installer. He already is scheduling into July but I asked him to put me at the end of his schedule so I can have more time to revamp the yard some. So although it’s still not that warm in Pennsylvania, we can swim anytime we want.IMG_9756.jpegIMG_9755.jpegIMG_9752.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.