Do I use Yellow Out?

It would be wise to add some calcium. Use Poolmath to see how much calcium chloride to add to get to 250 ppm CH.

Reactions: Chdalm
Don't just close the chlorinator off, you need to remove those pucks entirely. Let'em dry and you can use them another time when your CYA is low.
Add some calcium as you don't want the water to leach calcium out of your plaster. You want the water properly saturated with calcium to prevent that. I'd aim for about 300 or so.
Adding Muriatic Acid to lower your pH will also have the side benefit of lowering that TA also.

Use PoolMath and monitor your CSI. I like to use the web version found at the bottom of this page when I want to tweak my results to play around with options to balance the water.

Maddie

Hello, crystal clear. Removed the pucks, added 5 lb of clacium hardness (last owner left) added some acid. New results. I purchased in Amazon calcium will arrive thursday. Do you think tha I have to reduce even more the PH?

FC 7
Ph 7.5 from 8
TA 170
CH 200 from 170
CyA 60
CSI 0.06

Thank you again

If you are still having algae issues, then you need to perform the SLAM Process. This is a process and needs to be followed step by step. Read through the process and let us know if you have questions. When you get to the part of clear water, we can determine if you need to follow the mustard algae portion.
What makes you think it is mustard algae and not just regular algae?

If you are still having algae issues, then you need to perform the SLAM Process. This is a process and needs to be followed step by step. Read through the process and let us know if you have questions. When you get to the part of clear water, we can determine if you need to follow the mustard algae portion.
What makes you think it is mustard algae and not just regular algae?
It looks like some kind of dirty, brown or mustard. Did not get out with direct chloride resting one hour and then washer pressure. I dont know. It is weird. Photos attached.

Attachments

• 20200809_150624.jpg
    20200809_150624.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200809_150623.jpg
    20200809_150623.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200809_114621.jpg
    20200809_114621.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 6
After you get your pool filled back up you can try a couple of things.
If you still have a trichlor puck, you can try rubbing it on the stain. If the spot comes off then it is organic and the chlorine will continue to get rid of it. Just be careful not to leave it sitting on the surface as it can cause a bleached out spot.
If the spots aren’t changed after rubbing the puck, you can test if it is a metal stain. To do this, get some Vitamin C tablets. Crush them up into a powder and put them in a stocking or sock. Rub this on the spot and see if it comes off. If it does, it is a metal stain.
We can advise further once you know what you are dealing with.

Reactions: Chdalm
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.