Do I really need 2.5HP motor?

Can you get a picture of the entire motor? I just wanted to double check the mounting frame just to make sure which version that you have.

But the motor I posted is a 2 HP full rated motor which is the same as a 2.5 HP up rated motor which is what you have. The labels are different but the motor power is the same.

You have the smaller diameter motor so installation will be easier with the B2984 as I posted earlier. This is the full rated version of your existing motor so it is a direct replacement for both size and power.

However, you can also use the motors that you had posted earlier but you would need to remove the motor support from the wet end because those motors are designed to sit directly on the ground and not on a motor support like the TriStar uses.

Both are 56Y motors but the mounting is different. So if you want to save the hassle of modifying the mount, you are better off with the B2984.

Thanks a bunch. One last parting question. The B2984 shows it to be 14+ inches while mine is around 12inches. The extra length may be troublesome since I'm butting up against the side of the house as is. Is it really longer? Thanks

You have to be careful when measuring the motor. A B2984 is 14.4" measured from the end of the shaft to the end cap. Not where the flange meets with the housing. Did you measure your old motor exactly the same way or did you measure it from the flange?

The B2984 might be slightly longer because it is a high efficiency two speed motor so they need to put in a second capacitor in the end cap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.