do I need to address low pH right now?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
I just started a SLAM tonight. I got in a hurry and checked pH before dumping chlorine in and it was high - 8.2 so I just eyeballed some acid (oops) then went to do the rest of a full test while that mixed. It read as low as the scale could read 6.8 maybe a little lower???

should I add anything? I have borax, washing soda, and baking soda all - so if I need to fix immediately which is best?

FC - was 0, now should be 16 after adding a gallon of 12.5
TA - 60
calc - 150
CYA - 40 (water cold and getting dark so may need to recheck)
salt - 2600
borates - 30

temp 55 F

Yeah you may want to deal with it soon. Low pH is harsh on fittings, equipment, and in your case if left longterm, you vinyl liner might get brittle and dry.

Have you discovered PoolMath yet? Either the app or the older version at the bottom of this page??

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Pv2
What do you have at the house now? Borax or Soda Ash. I'd use whichever you can get your hands on easiest.

I too find the old web version fastest to use much of the time, especially when I'm answering others questions.

Reactions: Pv2
In that case, my own personal preference is for Borax. Use the PoolMath page to hook you up with 7.2 being your goal. You might have taken your pH lower than 6.8 so it may take a couple of steps.

May the Force be with you!

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.