Do I need skimmer diverter valves if main drain is plumped separately?

Oct 14, 2015
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have three returns coming from the pool, the skimmers are 1, the main drain is number 2, and the drain for the spa is the third. The spa and main drain has their own valve.

The main drain and the skimmer valve are always open.

Do I need skimmer diverters (UFO's?)

Thanks.

1 valve for both skimmer, 1 valve for the floor drain, 1 valve for the spa.

The floor drain is not plumbed to the skimmer.

So the 2nd skimmer must be plumbed to the 1st skimmer I suppose. If true, then you would want a float diverter on the 1st skimmer so that you could control how much suction comes from each skimmer.

You could add one at the 2nd skimmer as a fail safe if the water level dropped below the skimmers so that both the skimmer float diverters would drop and reduce the amount of air pulled in and hopefully the pump would continue to pull enough water from the floor (assuming that it is partially open).

If the skimmers only have one hole apiece, then there is no reason for a diverter at all.

Beyond that, I'd have to know if the skimmers are teed together via a hole in the bottom or with pipes. And are there any mysterious openings in the wall below and in line with the skimmers?

From what I see, no. They seem to be connected via somepipe underneath the pool. There are no mysterious holes that I can see.

Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.