Do I need a new panel or automation?

rgraves08

May 18, 2020
Indiana
I'm planning to upgrade my pool equipment this spring. I want to replace our broken natural gas heater with a heat pump, so i need more power to my pool area. I have an electrician coming out tomorrow to see about power options. Curious if I need or should upgrade my current basic panel to handle the upgrades i'm thinking about.

Current setup:
Dohney single speed 1.5hp pump
Pentair 250 natrual gas heater - started leaking at the end of last season, 10yrs old.
Polaris booster pump - removed last season and replaced with a robot.
Aquadyne Mink-pak panel

Upgrade plan:
Pentair SuperFlo VS 1.5hp
Pentair Intellichlor SWG IC-60 or CaliMar TI SWG 60k
Raypak Heat Pump 8450

I've included a few pictures of my panel, I plan to run the pump 24/7 atleast on low speed. I can wire the SWG to the timer box so it shuts off when the pump breaker is off. Was thinking the heat pump would be on its own breaker.

Open to any thoughts and ideas. I don't desire extra automation, I don't have a spa or any features besides burnt out like i dont really plan to replace.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 11
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 11
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 11
I thought about the RJ60, but at $1,500 it was on the upper end i felt.

Discount salt pools often offers a $1 upgrade from the RJ45 price to the RJ60.

What can you get the IntelliChlor Power Center and IC60 cell for?

I think you will find they are about the same price.

With the upgrade discount looks like the CircuPool RJ-60Plus would be $1,398 vs $1,108 for the Pentair Intellichlor IC-60.

Is the CircuPool worth the extra $300, like you mention i wouldn't be able to make small adjustments with the Pentair if i didnt have the panel?

$1,108 for the Pentair Intellichlor IC-60.

Is that price for a Pentair 521105 IntelliChlor IC60 Salt Water Chlorine Generator Cell and a Pentair 520556 IntelliChlor Power Center For Salt Chlorine Generator Systems?

Is the CircuPool worth the extra $300, like you mention i wouldn't be able to make small adjustments with the Pentair if i didnt have the panel?

For your 27K pool running 24/7 the IC60 at 20% will give you 1.8ppm; at 40% you get 3.6 ppm; and at 60% you get 5.4 ppm. If you need chlorine production in between those values you will need to vary your pump runtime a bit.

The RJ series can be adjusted in increments of 5%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.