Do I need a new cell?

vapool

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this, but wanted to double check before I toss out close to $1000. We have a Aqua Rite turbo cell T-15, with check salt and check cell lights on (not blinking). Cleaned cell to no avail. Salt is showing as 2300, but test at pool store was 3600. Total chlorine and free chlorine are both zero, CYA is 50.

Cell voltage shows as 30.0 when off, 29.8 when switched to auto. Cell current is at 0.00 when off, then 0.63 briefly when switched to auto before dropping back to 0.00. Instant salinity is -0. If it matters, the software version of our control box is 1.40 (ancient, I know…).

I know years ago we re-soldered a piece onto the control panel, but can’t remember if it was in response to the same problem we’re having now. It would be nice if this was a $10 fix :)

Sorry for the ramble, but thanks for any help…

It is time for a new cell.

How old is the cell?

What is the cell serial number?

To be honest, I don’t remember when we replaced the cell, which tells me it must have been a while!

Serial # is 3E13288-200924. Does that mean it’s from 2009?!?! If so, I certainly can’t complain about having to buy a new one!

Your cell is from 2013 and 8 to 9 years old. You got your monies worth from it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.