Do I Need A Need And Larger Pump/Filter

Jun 12, 2017
Pearland, TX
Through a lot of help here I have managed to get my pool under control. Keeping it under control is another story. It seems like I can get it perfect for a few days and the algae/haziness just seems to come back no matter what levels I have. I have an Intex 9x18x52" pool. I am running the pump/sand filter that came with the pool. 1200 gph. Seems like most people switch out to larger flow pumps. Do I need to look into this to ha e more water changes?

Algae is a chemistry problem, not a filtering problem.

Now, if you have poor circulation, that can allow algae to occur in low flow areas. Do you brush often?

Can you add a signature? Also a set of test results. How are you testing.

Take care.

Like previously posted, it won't help with algae necessarily. But, I had an Intex pool for 5 seasons. After the first year, I switched from the 1500gph pump/filter to the 2500gph. Night and day. It helped with circulation, vacuuming, and filter maintenance (larger filter). It's cheap enough (~$70 on Amazon) that I would do it in a heartbeat if you can.

Edit: I just noticed you had the sand filter. Intex's sand filters are better than their cartridge filters, so... never mind. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.