Do I have the wrong skimmer baskets? They keep getting stuck

May 17, 2017
Gilbetsville, PA
So these are the baskets the previous owner left me. Most of the time I can rotate them by hand and pull them out. Sometimes though they just get stuck in there pretty good and its a pain to get them out. Am I missing something do I just have the wrong baskets? The hold down clips don't seem to line up or really do anything

PXL_20220826_234512121.jpg

My baskets have a handle on them. It seems yours is missing that. See the 2 holes that are opposite each other - appears the handle was removed or it broke.

I just replaced my basket and got a new one. This one has a tower vertical handle which can also be removed if not needed by unscrewing it. It also came with the metal bar although not shown in the photo.

Even with the plastic handles, those skimmer baskets dont always come out easy or turn. With mine, the handle pops off 70% of the time when I try to turn the basket inside the skimmer when using the handle. Its like the round nubs on the handle that go into the hole in the baskets need to be longer or portrude deeper or something. Frustrating at times.

The handle is just a thin metal bar. Last time I needed one, I took my skimmer basket to Leslie's and they have me a handle for free.
Your handles are metal? Mine are plastic, and then kind bend just a little bit, which sucks cause the plastic handle bends when you try and turn the basket using the handle, and causes the handle to pop out of the holes in the basket. I'd think a metal handle wouldn't bend/twist as easily and probably stay in the basket holes better. hmm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.