Do I have a rogue pump?? Or Rogue ET8??

sbalberti

Silver Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
Tyler Texas
2 months in on a brand new pool. All has been working fine. I have Pentair ET8 controlling my 2 Pentair pumps. The pump I'm having a problem with is my 3HP Intelliflo XF. I have an infloor cleaning system that works flawlessly. However, my XF pump decided to quit following the schedule set up in my ET8. My XF is set to circulate the pool 18hrs a day at 2000 RPM and the infloor cleaner runs at 3000 RPM 2 times a day for a total of 6hrs a day. I was out around the pool and I heard the XF pump ramp up to 3K RPM when it wasn't scheduled to run. So I went to the ET panel and pushed my aux 7 button and turned it off. Went back to cleaning my skimmers and about 10 min later the pump ramps up to 3k RPM again. This time I used screenlogic to turn off the floor cleaner. About 30 min later the floor cleaner mode was running again. I went through screen logic and deleted all my schedules and re entered them. that didn't fix the issue so I hit the reset button on my ET8 panel. That didn't fix my issue. So I decided to completely remove power from my ET8 panel for about 5 minutes. That didn't fix, so I called pentair and he had me set all 8 speed settings to manual. No such luck to my problem. I had an Amazon Echo set up to control my pool, so I disconnected the Echo and deleted the pentair skill from my Alexa account thinking that may be the cause. I've exhausted everything I can think of. Talked to my PB and he submitted a trouble ticket, but who knows when they'll come to fix. Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has any suggestions to what my be the problem? Thanks in advance!

I've not experienced the exact issue you describe, but I've had minor problems with the logic board in my ET8. It was under warranty and my PB sent out a Pentair rep who replaced it. That was bout 2 years ago and no problem since then. Actually, from your description, I suspect the problem may be the logic board on your pump and/or the comm wiring between the pump and the ET8. If you have a way to disable the ET8 power but keep power on the pump, you could try to program the pump directly from its control panel versus the ET8. Secondly, you could disconnect the comm wire from the pump to the ET8 and see if you can program it that way. Otherwise, the best thing to do is let it run and wait for the PB repairman. :eek:

I've not experienced the exact issue you describe, but I've had minor problems with the logic board in my ET8. It was under warranty and my PB sent out a Pentair rep who replaced it. That was bout 2 years ago and no problem since then. Actually, from your description, I suspect the problem may be the logic board on your pump and/or the comm wiring between the pump and the ET8. If you have a way to disable the ET8 power but keep power on the pump, you could try to program the pump directly from its control panel versus the ET8. Secondly, you could disconnect the comm wire from the pump to the ET8 and see if you can program it that way. Otherwise, the best thing to do is let it run and wait for the PB repairman. :eek:

I completely removed all the floor cleaning programming from my ET8 and removed the circuit that ramps up the pump to 3K RPM and the floor cleaner still show to be turning itself on and off, but the pump doesn't speed up. So i'm thinking its the board in the ET 8.

S,

I really doubt it is the main circuit board. I'm not sure what it is, but what you describe does not sound like a PCB failure.

Since you have ScreenLogic, how about posting screen shots of your current programming and pump speeds. I suspect that someone here will be able to help...

You might have to post a couple of pics to cover it all, but the screens I'm looking for should look something like this...

dbtgallery.php

And..

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.