Do brushes have different softness levels?

Blue_Iris

Feb 23, 2021
South Jersey
I know that brushes can come in wire, poly, or nylon bristles. My question is are some of the poly/nylon brushes softer than others?

We ordered this brush from amazon: Amazon.com : Greenco Pool Brush Heavy Duty Aluminum Back Extra Wide 20" with EZ Clip and Strong Bristles for Cleaning Pool Floor & Wall : Garden & Outdoor

We are concerned that the brushes feel a bit stiff. We wondered if some of the brushes out there are softer? (Kind of like toothbrush heads :D)

We don't want to put micro-abrasions in our AGP liner if this brush is one of the harder varieties and we should be looking for a softer one.

Thank you!

I am sure there is some variation on poly bristle between brush manufacturers. There is no rating system for pool brushes to tell you how soft or hard it is. That is one of the problem of buying sight unseen products through the net.

You might want to walk through some pool stores or big box retailers that have pool equipment aisles and feel the pool brushes they have.

Reactions: Blue_Iris
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.