Do all pools get algae??

Jun 30, 2018
Sacramento, CA
Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I am in the process of getting bids to build my pool. I reside in Northern CA, Sacramento to be exact. I thankfully found the forum! Gives me so many details and pool resources that I could not find anywhere else! My question is......do all pools get algae at some point?! It seems like one misstep in caring for the pool and algae starts to form!

Welcome to the forum:wave:

The short answer is yes.......all pools CAN get algae. Learning to care for your pool will prevent any "missteps" which are usually neglect over days and not a short term event.

P,

Welcome to TFP.. a great place to find the answers to all of your algae questions... I got married in Sacramento many years ago, but I won't hold that against you.. :shark:

If you follow the TFP pool care program you reduce the possibility of getting algae by 99.9%... Ok, I just pulled that number out of the air, but for reference, I have three pools that have been on the TFP process for an average of 5 years.. In that period of time none of them have had any signs of an algae bloom and this is without adding any pool store magic or any weekly doses of "shock".

The key is to always maintain your FC (Chlorine) in relation to your CYA (Stabilizer).. See this chart... [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

It really is that simple.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.