DIY upgrade from pentair easytouch to intelliflo w/easytouch 4

Jul 23, 2015
Verbena, AL
Folks, I'm looking at doing an upgrade to my single speed pentair pump to hopefully save on energy costs this year. I'm hoping to DIY this for the most part to make it more affordable, and have an electrician I know sign off/finish out the connections, for the obvious warranty benefits. From what I've been able to find, the changes I'd need to make in the panel look pretty straight forward, and the plumbing shouldn't be hard at all. I'll be adding surge protection to the panel itself while I'm at it, but I'm hoping to see if anyone else that did the work themselves ran into any hidden pitfalls that I need to be wary of install-wise and dealing with the warranty portion. Any tips that might help? Here's my list of equipment I'm planning to order:
Pentair Intelliflo 011018
Intermatic PS3000
CPVC Pump Unions

N,

To add an IntelliFlo pump to most EasyTouch panels only requires you to connect it to your com port J20 and add it to your programming...

If you have a really, really old ET, your main board will have to be replaced or maybe reprogrammed.

Go to main panel and drop the top door (where the display is ) and tell us what the label on the main board says..

It will look like this...

Thanks,

Jim R.

N,

The IntelliFlo 011018 comes with a control cable. One end just plugs into the side of the pump's control head and other end gets connected to any of the EasyTouch's com ports. They are all the same.

The green wire goes to pin 2 and the yellow wire to pin 3.

Using the pump unions you listed will make it easy and prevents leaks at the threaded connections.

If your EasyTouch is less than 4 years old you are fine.. you don't even need to look at the board number.

Thanks,

Jim R.

N,

Yes, I forgot about that... What I would do is simply move the wires going to the pump from the load side of the pump/filter relay over to the Line side.. Basically providing constant power to the pump. Make sure that the two wires going to the SWCG transformer remain on the load side of the pump/filter relay. This will remove the power to the SWCG anytime the pump is not supposed to be on..

Good catch..

Jim R.

Reactions: neosolace
Well, I finally got my pump in (long story). I'm looking at my easytouch panel, and the COM ports appear to have a small board attached already. It looks have some secondary COM port connections of it's own. Would I need to stick with connecting to the original ports, doubled up....or use the empty ports on that small board? Would it even matter?

*edit* I did find the following link that seems to support that this is indeed ok:

Attachments

• 20190425_120812.jpg
    20190425_120812.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190425_120816.jpg
    20190425_120816.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Woohoo! I got everything up and rolling this weekend. I got the ps300 surge unit installed, along with the intelliflo. It took a few minutes to get the programming for sppeds just right to run the chlorinator, but it worked out really well. The only part that was a PITA was redoing some of my plumbing connections due to the pump sitting higher than the old superflo. My next task is to get the electrician friend to give me an invoice for ok'ing the install. Has anyone ever run into any hiccups getting the warranty portion worked out for an install like this?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.