FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I came across this idea on here while searching for ideas or alternatives to holders placed in the decking (which my PB for some reason, advised against).
I am posting a new thread vs. a reply on the old one because of the warning that this one below, was old and may not be seen.

I just happened across this while looking up ideas for umbrella stands vs. umbrella holders around the pool. I love this! But, I am wondering if I could use more decorative pottery or terracotta planters instead of plastic?
It seems like these would be more stable than traditional umbrella stands-- especially if you use larger pots??

I like the idea of using the drain pan as a little table, which basic terracotta ones have as an option, but not decorative ones (that match at least).

I feel like decorative ones or basic terracotta (painted) would be more my "style".. but is there a reason against using those for this project?

I came across this idea on here while searching for ideas or alternatives to holders placed in the decking (which my PB for some reason, advised against).
I am posting a new thread vs. a reply on the old one because of the warning that this one below, was old and may not be seen.

I just happened across this while looking up ideas for umbrella stands vs. umbrella holders around the pool. I love this! But, I am wondering if I could use more decorative pottery or terracotta planters instead of plastic?
It seems like these would be more stable than traditional umbrella stands-- especially if you use larger pots??

I like the idea of using the drain pan as a little table, which basic terracotta ones have as an option, but not decorative ones (that match at least).

I feel like decorative ones or basic terracotta (painted) would be more my "style".. but is there a reason against using those for this project?
I made my own based on that thread. I had an old pot ready for the trash and spray painted it to look like stone. I also made a tray using a tray that goes underneath the pot. Instead of the way the one in the thread was you could set it down into the pot. I decided not to use it though and planted flowers.

I wanted to add...my patio slants and using a traditional stand it blew over all the time. I live in a windy location and this one has not blown over once this summer.

Attachments

• 5825A923-C6A1-499D-9C75-6D96889C38B3.jpeg
    5825A923-C6A1-499D-9C75-6D96889C38B3.jpeg
    545.5 KB · Views: 107
  • FD9EE099-B3AA-4E9B-883F-6F4EFA15492C.jpeg
    FD9EE099-B3AA-4E9B-883F-6F4EFA15492C.jpeg
    895.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 70D5B092-E99C-42EF-85CC-75EC6BE597CE.jpeg
    70D5B092-E99C-42EF-85CC-75EC6BE597CE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Very nice! I like how you painted it.
I have a huge plant pot that we bought when we first bought the house and had grand ideas.. never used it and may be too big for the project but maybe not!
It's definitely larger than yours, but I think yours is a good size! :cool:

Very nice! I like how you painted it.
I have a huge plant pot that we bought when we first bought the house and had grand ideas.. never used it and may be too big for the project but maybe not!
It's definitely larger than yours, but I think yours is a good size! :cool:

I bought a huge pot to originally make mine. I was worried about moving it if needed so I had this one and decided to use it instead. Post pics it will be fun to see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.