DIY solar heater expansion

stephan83

Jun 18, 2019
California
I have a working solar heater with old heliocol panels covering most of the roof (the south-west facing part). There is one section in the middle with a weird angle (where the garage connects to the house) that is not covered. I was wondering if covering the area with a few DIY coils connected to the main line could work. It would be relatively easy to connect them using some of the 1/4 inch tubes that have been disabled because of leaks (I have lots of them). Would this work or is it going to create problems to the system? The current panel area would increase by about 25%. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

As you’ve no doubt read, most diy solar systems aren’t very efficient. How big is the surface area of your pool, how much is your current solar System? 50-60% of your pool surface sq footage is what is recommended for solar panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.