DIY Solar Cover Tow Harness

svenpup

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I was looking for a solution that would allow me to easily put on a solar cover without the help of another person. There was hardly anything available and what I could find was outrageously expensive, so I came up with this DIY solution: PVC pipe slightly longer than the width of the cover, capped at both ends; plastic grommets for a little added strength; and some p-cord (or zip ties would work). Add a length of cord long enough to reach the far end of the pool and voila! I used 1 1/4" PVC, but it is a little heavy to roll up once it is out of the water (the last 2 feet). In hindsight I would have gone a little smaller (1" or so).

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

I'm looking to do something like that myself. Was reading all the post and think about using foam core pipe and the auto fasteners, and just tie my rope to the pipe. Any Ideas on this?? Really a PITA to put the cover back on by yourself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.