DIY Semi In-Ground / Half Buried AGP Build Thread

bpolczyn

Jul 24, 2020
Cleveland, OH
Hello!

I wanted to start this when I started building my pool but ended up spending all the extra time working on the pool 😄
I am not totally done so I will still be able to post updates! But want to document the install and hope it helps someone in the future, as I didn't find a ton of information on doing these semi in-ground AGP installs.

The (original) plan:

chrome_XZJ7Xy9NWV.png chrome_eMlmv0YWJ6.png

Breaking ground:

IMG_1513.jpg
IMG_1529.jpg

Leveling the Base:
This took forever, and was the bulk of the time spent getting the pool up. I was not expecting it to take so long! I rented an excavator for the weekend and dug the hole myself. Might not have take so long to level if I had a skilled operator dig the hole. I had never used an excavator before this, so had to still do a lot of leveling to the base after the excavator was gone. But by the end of the weekend, felt very comfortable working the machine.
I have clay soil and soon realized that after it rained, it made the area un-workable for days until it completely dried out. I went on to purchase a large tarp and had some additional tarps already that I used whenever rain was in the forecast. I would then have to syphon and bucket out the water from on top of the tarp. You may notice in the last picture some of the pavers are off, I did have to go back and correct them.

IMG_1564.jpg IMG_1576.jpg IMG_1636.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.