DIY Resources for Fixing Buckled Walls and Installing Liners

JPG

May 25, 2014
Pottstown, PA
Hello,

I've decided to replace my vinyl liner myself and in the process, fix creases in walls that have buckled. None of the Pool School articles really show all the steps that this entails.
I would like to know what the awesome members of the TFP Forums think are the best online resources out there so that I can figure out how to do this.

Thanks,
JPG.

PS. Here is a thread which has some pics that show the current condition of my pool.

You have two choices. Treat it as if the pool where rusted through and cut out the bad section of wall and replace it, or take the pool down, pound out the creases and reinforce the existing wall section with another piece of sheet metal. You can try following the advice in this blog Advanced Wall Repair for an Above Ground Pool – INYOPools.com – DIY Resources to replace the wall section. You may be able to locate a stainless steel panel with skimmer and return already cut. You can also contact your pool manufacturer and see if they will sell just the replacement wall. Replacing the whole wall would give the best result.

If you decide to patch the wall take plenty of pictures and document your progress. We have had members who have patched their pools but they didn't document the process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.