DIY Pool Build - Vinyl liner pool Ontario Canada

Loved the pictures and the story's!

My husband made some solar panels for me the second summer we had the pool. I guess I complained the water was too cold the whole first year. My pool is at 92 degrees and I love it! :paddle: I won't even attempt to get in unless it's 86 degrees. He says it's too hot and doesn't cool you off when it's that warm. But he puts up with it for me. :whoot:

Get that pool warm for momma! Lol ;)

Thanks pigeon!

The wee lad was in for an hour tonight, doing flips and stuff.....I am one proud man! Woo Hoo. I get home Wednesday!

The ship stories could fill a book .....or at least a pint or two by the camp fire....I've been at it over 25 years. Whether planned or not...funny Shi#e happens :)

I'll try and include something relative to the build in future installments - the pigeon project ;)

Being in the engineering side of the game we see everything from repairing galley stoves to welding up cracks in tanks to sadly pulling unfortunate souls from their watery graves so they can come home to loved ones.

Building stuff is AWESOME....this pool build -(on going) - has been a great time. I have more pictures to sort through and some have some cool moments and others are pretty stressful= like the well puking sand.

As many others have said - This forum is a great source of intel.....man oh man....lots of good suggestions and things to watch out for. I missed a few things for sure and wished I had found this forum a while ago :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes April, I will do it! :party:

Excellent pool build and well documented. It seems like more than 3/4 of the pool looks to be the deep end with a small area where people can just sit around and hang out. Does that come as an issue if you have 6+ people in the pool and shallow end space might be an issue? Am I mistaken on the small amount of shallow space there actually is?

Hey Lasercomp,

The shallow end is 10' x 14'. I suppose that would be crowded with more people in there, however, we haven't really used the pool that way. Most of the time. so far, the kids are jumping and diving in. Any times we have been to my brother's pool, very little time was spent in the shallows.

I use the deep end for SCUBA diving practice - very strange I guess but it is cool to do buddy drills and fin techniques and have lots of room. I'll post some pics of that later on.

At this point the pool is still in its infancy so we have not had a large group over. - Majority of the Kids in the area are 8 to 18 years old.

My other future purchase may be for a couple floating chairs if anyone has a good model/style suggestion?

Oh yeah! I get to help spend some money!!!!!!!!! Chairs--------some allow you to sit in the water, others sit you above the water. I will show you some of each.

Here is the one my SIL likes the best. She likes it because it is easy to get into and out of. You can order new slings for it when it wears out.

Amazon.com: Swimline Sun Chaser Padded Luxury Lounge Chair Multicolor - 10010: Toys Games

This one is MY fav. I like it because you are sitting IN the water

Amazon.com: Amazing Noodle Chair (Colors Vary): Toys Games

This is the one my hubby likes best. VERY good support and you are IN the water.

Amazon.com : Kelsyus Floating Water Hammock : Floating Lounger Seats : Sports Outdoors

You can see which one Bill the cat likes the best here! He is older than dirt. The shelter asked us to take him in after he was found left in a house. He was down to 5.2 lbs when they found him. He is eating every thing in sight and loving life here! He is up to 13 lbs. and filling out.
View attachment 38560

Kim

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not floating chairs exactly, but we have a number of the Sunray vinyl coated pool floats. Our kids love them. They pile them on top of each other to make a super float, they run and jump onto them like a surf board, they make an awesome slip and slide into the pool out of them...lots of uses for creative boys. And even though it's not a chair, it does make a nice relaxing float for those of us not using them as a toy. The thicker the better and definitely more than one!

Love your pool! Your wife and boys are lucky to have someone that, not only can tell a good story, but can also do everything that she can put on a honey-do list! :p

Couple of my favorites... Amazon.com: Swimline Pool Pizza Slice Ride On: Toys Games

Amazon.com: Swimline Hotdog Battle Ride On: Toys Games

Ok, I can't really rate those, since I haven't broken down and purchased them... but, I have purchased this one... Intex King Kool Lounge - Walmart.com
I love it... but wow... they really went up on price. I bought them last year at $5.88 each (regular price) and Aldi's just had them for $6.99. Big Lots has them 2 for $16 View Intex Pool Lounger Mats, 2-Pack Deals at Big Lots (sorry, I'm not sure if you have access to Big Lots or Aldi's, but I figure for anyone that does, and are interested in those floats, let's save them a buck or two!).

Oh, and if your boys are like my son and his buddies... they would dive off the diving board, through the hole in the float... I have NO clue how they fit through it (my boy is 5'7 150#). The mother in me wanted to yell at them for being idiots... but the daredevil in me was quietly cheering them on (after telling them that if they break their necks or my float, I was breaking other body parts!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.