Silver Supporter
May 1, 2020
United Kingdom
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m planning to do a DIY automation with my heater using a Shelly 1 and InkbirdSmart temperature prone.

if I disconnect the fireman’s switch on my mastertemp then I understand the heater will power down. But what happens when I reconnect it. Does it turn on in the mode it was last in or something else? E.g. back to stand by and need to press the pool button to get things up and running again.

I’m also wondering if I could use the Red and black wires in the fenwall box to source power to run the Shelly or if this risks frying the heater

The heaters fires up in the last mode it was in when the fireman’s switch is closed.

I think you will find the Fenwal does not have power when the fireman’s switch is open.

Reactions: UKjames
Thank you. I had a bit of a blooper where the neutral wire came out of the Shelly and shorted on the live - luckily. I say luckily since it didn’t fry the fenwal so I’m regrouping on how to wire up using the tiny terminals on the Shelly. I might need to use some waygos in the fenwal box container and then run wires out side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.