DIY Cement Block IG New project

Exactly Gerry. That’s why when I read your thread, the other one stood out to me that you may be of some help.
When you do have a chance, read through the other one. That would be an awesome resurrection of that pool.

Interesting that pool building standards seem to vary globally. It's quite common to see block wall pools in the UK (with plaster or tile surface). In SE Asia, it's very common and almost always with tile surface throughout. Not sure how they manage the wall/floor join. I guess they design and build the pool from day 1 with the intention of it being a pool and not having a liner, so that may be the difference.

Interesting that pool building standards seem to vary globally. It's quite common to see block wall pools in the UK (with plaster or tile surface). In SE Asia, it's very common and almost always with tile surface throughout. Not sure how they manage the wall/floor join. I guess they design and build the pool from day 1 with the intention of it being a pool and not having a liner, so that may be the difference.

I think that is exactly the difference, and what PoolguyinCT is saying. In the other thread, it's been determined that the pool was originally designed to use a liner. So it's floor and wall and the connection between the two would not necessarily be engineered for anything else. It certainly might withstand the forces of your type of pool, but there's no easy way to determine that. Is there enough rebar? Is there any rebar? Etc. It'd be quite a gamble to find out, because that's a big pool and to tile or plaster it would be very expensive, only to find out it tends to crack and leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.