Silver Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Central Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We started excavation last month on our DIY vinyl pool, and it is moving quite slowly due to what seems like the wettest August in history. I wanted to get recommendations on lighting. We will have a very dark (almost black) liner. We know we need lights in the pool for safety reasons, but do not need it to be seen from space. My husband doesn't really want lights at all because of safety reasons and also because his dad's pool light has always been problematic. I feel like he could get onboard with low voltage lights, especially if they do not need to be replaced often and are not terribly expensive. Some even claim to not required earth bonding???

What brands and types of lights can you recommend that would meet that criteria? I have looked at SR Smith LEDs and at Hayward ColorLogic, but don't know how many we would need, how they would perform, or if there are better options out there. I really appreciate any of your thoughts. Thanks!

I bought three of the SR Smith LEDs, although they are not installed yet, so I am not able to give you any advice about how bright they are.

Thanks! Did you do the TREO or the Keli ones? And did you go with a remote system? I don't really need much automatation, but I am thinking it would be nice to be able to control the lights from either a switch on the porch or by remote. In 2018, it seems silly to have to go to the equipment pad for lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.