DIY build in Biloxi

I am not an expert, but in my case, adding a return in the side of the steps that moves the water toward the closest skimmer would seem to work well. Would keep the water moving around and would move everything toward the skimmer.

I was leaning towards adding one return on the steps but the only information I can really find on the site is people having problems with theirs. I'm thinking now I might not do it.

HELP!
we were supposed to start on the pool krete today but I had a few inches of groundwater at the deep end (6') so I dug down and put a submersible pump in and now my sides are collapsing. I've propped them up as best I could with some wood I had laying around. What's my next move here? Obviously we aren't pool kreteing today. Keep pumping or just let it fill back up with water?

My thought is I need to finish the sump line and then fill with stone and that should stop the rest of the cave ins.

My thought is I need to finish the sump line and then fill with stone and that should stop the rest of the cave ins.
My unprofessional opinion agrees.

If you are capable of rerouting the water away from the pool, that seems like the smart play.

Crisis averted, buried my sump line and have the submersible pump buried in gravel to prevent any more cave ins. Didn't use pea gravel like your supposed to but I had this gravel already here and I was panicking.PXL_20220920_104256507.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Newdude
Went through 32 bags of pool krete, looks like I need about 12 more. It isn't the best job unfortunately but we had never done this before. Will certainly need to sand some areas and skim coat a bit.PXL_20220920_160643241.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lanzz and Newdude
Does anyone know what type of pump I need for my sump line? Most sump pumps I see are submersible which I don't need. Do I just need a transfer pump? I assume I can't just use my pool pump without potentially damaging it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
$2100 to add a new box, hook up pump and light, and properly ground ladder and rail. Does that seem reasonable? Having a hard time finding anyone so either way I may be going with this company.

That doesn't sound bad to me - especially if the new box is a subpanel. I've been paying a stunning amount for minor electrical work at him, and agree, getting someone to show up and give an estimate is a real battle.

The blowing dirt will be the challenge until its gone. All it needs is a boatload of filter time. The water was crystal clear but dirty until the dirt piles were gone. Then it was only dirty after windy days until the yard was back together.

Looking GREAT so far. :)

Reactions: Straight6tt
I have the Hayward super pump xe vs 1.65hp. I'm trying to find how many gallons it circulates per hour on each of the 6 speeds but I can't seem to find that information anywhere. I've checked my manual and haywards website. Does anyone know where to get that?

Are you searching because the turnover myth that's so loved by the industry ? It's total hogwash and no 2 pools are the same, not even neighbors. I moved 1.5 miles from a heavily treed yard with tons of filtering need, to an open yard with almost none.

Heck, even the same pools filtering need changes drastically though the season needing its most filtering in spring and fall, and next to none for the summer. To say that 'all pools in the land need X turnovers' (regardless of season or debris load) is hogwash.

Now. How do you select a runtime and RPM tho..... that's a fair question. Find the lowest speed that makes the SWG turn on and add 100 RPMs to it to factor in the filter getting dirty and restricting flow eventually. See if the skimmers are flapping away at that RPM. If so, that's your minimum (and most efficient) RPM. If the skimmers need a bit more flow, add RPMs until they are working well and now you have 2 speeds to use when needed.

Most likely, the 12(?) Hours needed for the SWG to produce enough FC to match the daily loss will by default be enough filtering time.

If the water is TFP clear, you are filtering enough and can even probably lower the filter time if applicable. If the water is TFP clear but dirty, you need more filtering time. There is a difference between cloudy from chemical issues or algae, and crystal clear dirty. You'll see it eventually just by looking.

TC is as useless as TDS so skip it from here on out. The parts matter HUGE, the total is insignificant. For example, 4.5 +1 = 5.5 and 1+4.5= 5.5 tells two vastly different stories. (y)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.