DIY Bluestone Coping and Paver Patio Progress Thread.

I do not believe Jonnyd could have been referring to Mexican beach pebbles. I researched for a long time before committing to buy them. The price you payed (.52 cents per pound) is the going rate for them. I was able to get them a the contractors price and payed .46 cents a pound.

Great job on the patio (and stone choice ;)),, It all looks great..
Yeah I think what he got was nicer that what I got, now that I look closer. I have other colors in mine besides gray. I also like his better :)

This is the price sheet

31BD1867-45C6-405E-AA2B-79E77FC78209.jpeg

Either way those are great prices. Local price here for clean stone is $70+ a yard (though i am no9t sure what a ton equates to for volume of crushed stone)

No- this was free delivery from HD. The $150 fee was for the 10 yards of crushed stone from my mason supply yard.

Ironic since this came from FL and the crushed stone came from the same town.

I paid about the same per yard for clean crushed stone. I picked it up in the 1 yard sacks as I needed it. I reused the sack and pallet and saved $16 each time. Shoveling it isn't fun. A 5 gallon bucket to works well for scooping it out of sack or wheelbarrow and dispensing it, much quicker than shoveling.

i have 10 sacks now (of the ones that didnt rip) but i have no way of transporting myself. Hopefully i am done with crushed stone

Always try to find a quarry first for full tandem loads, not a landscape yard. I use Weldon quarry here in NJ, 13 a ton for crusher run 14 for clean. What he got iant the same Delaware river rock in grey we have around here, ours has off color tams and such in it

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.