ViennaTom

Jan 26, 2021
Austria
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I put most of the components on DIN rails but I made a dedicated PCB (160x122mm) for ESP/IO/Display. My system talks to ESPHOME and I use InfluxDB to analyze/report historic data. My pool is not finished yet so I still have to gather practical knowledge :D. As switches i will use reed contact hidden under tiles and any IO I forgot on my mainprint can be added using I2C or serial/modbus. The massage system will get it's own ESP32 attached as modbus slave.
BR TomIMG_20210205_115821.jpg

Last edited:

randytsuch

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Thanks for sharing
I put most of the components on DIN rails but I made a dedicated PCB (160x122mm) for ESP/IO/Display. My system talks to ESPHOME and I use InfluxDB to analyze/report historic data. My pool is not finished yet so I still have to gather practical knowledge :D. As switches i will use reed contact hidden under tiles and any IO I forgot on my mainprint can be added using I2C or serial/modbus. The massage system will get it's own ESP32 attached as modbus slave.
BR Tom
Thanks for sharing
I thought the interesting part of this project is you're using your own VFD to make a diy Variable Speed Pump. I saw somewhere there is an advantage to getting the VFD away from the heat and vibration of the pump.

Be curious to see how that works for you.

Randy