crr1876

Jul 22, 2022
San Antonio, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We had our new quartzscape finished at the end of June. Several weeks ago I noticed a small divot in the floor of the spa plaster. Initially the PB told me they might need to repair but would have to come take a look. We have been patiently waiting for someone to come look however today he told me that this sometimes happens and they can’t really just add plaster to it. Basically they are saying there is nothing they can do. Does this sound right? Other than this small divot the rest of the plaster is really great and I don’t have any complaints.

944DD5A0-E21E-401B-BBDF-2344AE24CFD7.jpeg

Would you rather have the divot the way it is or a patch where the color does not match?

Those divots are left by the spikes they wear under their shoes and miss smoothing it out as they back out fo the pool.

We have heard of plasterers filling in the divots under water. Give your color the patch may be difficult to match and that may be why your builder does not want to try.

Would you rather have the divot the way it is or a patch where the color does not match?

Those divots are left by the spikes they wear under their shoes and miss smoothing it out as they back out fo the pool.

We have heard of plasterers filling in the divots under water. Give your color the patch may be difficult to match and that may be why your builder does not want to try.
I’m not super worried about it cosmetically. Of course I would rather it be perfect but I understand that stuff happens. Is this anything to be worried about structurally or could this lead to spider cracking or the plaster not lasting as long?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.