diving board stand anchors

Young Doc

May 28, 2019
Bagley, WI
Getting ready to remove and replace a section of cracked concrete around our diving board stand. Current board is mounted on bolts that are epoxied into the concrete. I would like to install a new "jig" in the fresh concrete. Can't find much info out there on what is recommended. Can't seem to find any jigs to purchase (4-1/2" bolts, 12 in. on center). I can purchase stainless "L" bolts to embed in the concrete. I could fab a new jig but I wonder if "L" bolts are just as effective. Any recommendations?

Don't! Diving board mounts are specifically designed to go with the board they come with. Contact the maker of it needs to be replaced. Also your mount is connected to your pool bonding grid. Any work on it you need to make sure it remains bonded.

Thanks to all. I have a welded anchor grid (jig) with 4 - 1/2" x 8", stainless bolts (12" on center). By exposing 2 inches of thread the anchor will be 6" deep. The slab I will cut out will be 8.5' square, 3" thick. I will cut old concrete back from pool edge about 12", leaving the part that is in/under the coping in place. The new slab will be 4 - 5 inches thick with a 6" thick area around the anchor jig. The current board location is in accordance with all requirements and was installed to the requirements listed in the link posted above. The thicker slab will exceed all requirements.

Thanks to all. I have a welded anchor grid (jig) with 4 - 1/2" x 8", stainless bolts (12" on center). By exposing 2 inches of thread the anchor will be 6" deep. The slab I will cut out will be 8.5' square, 3" thick. I will cut old concrete back from pool edge about 12", leaving the part that is in/under the coping in place. The new slab will be 4 - 5 inches thick with a 6" thick area around the anchor jig. The current board location is in accordance with all requirements and was installed to the requirements listed in the link posted above. The thicker slab will exceed all requirements.

Sounds good just make sure the new mount is connected into your pool's bonding grid. Be careful excavating it will probably be somewhere in that area. Look for a thick single bare wire like 6-8 gauge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.