Gold Supporter
Jul 23, 2021
Atascadero, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I removed my diving board and have drilled the studs down below the deck surface. A few posts here say to fill with epoxy. Just want to check before I go further, do I just use any regular two part epoxy? Something like this ...81EMsK7piZS._AC_SX679_.jpg

Given the condition of the concrete, I wouldn't trust it with the forces on a dive board. Typically, the studs/bolts/fasteners need to extend about 6" into sound concrete to be safe.
looks like the holes are only going to be filled, doesn't need to be structural...other than to hold a small plug/patch in place.

There's a self-leveling sealant by Sikaflex that I think would work perfectly. It's a rubbery sealant for horizontal surfaces only (it'll drip down vertical cracks), it's kind of messy, it'll skin over in 2-3 hours and fully cure (firm/flexible) after a couple/few days.

Make sure it says Self Leveling. It looks like the 10.x oz tubes are available, I've only bought the larger tubes of it.

Check the colors too - there's a few different colors from gray, sandstone, black, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.