Distribution Panel Pump Switch Rating

scorpionsix

Jun 18, 2019
North Phoenix
Hello Group:

In my Distribution/Control Panel I have a push button type switch for the waterfall pump that is sticking and no longer turning off. In order to turn this pump on/off, I instead need to switch the circuit breaker on and off.

Can someone tell me what the rating for these on/off switches is? I recall when we first purchased the home, the gentleman doing the inspection indicated it was a higher voltage switch than what is used in the house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_8239.jpg
    IMG_8239.jpg
    622.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8240.jpg
    IMG_8240.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 3
Can someone tell me what the rating for these on/off switches is? I recall when we first purchased the home, the gentleman doing the inspection indicated it was a higher voltage switch than what is used in the house.

It is probably 240V 15 or 20 amp based on what I can see of your circuit breakers.

You need to remove the switch and examine the wiring to it to know for sure. And see what specs are printed on the back of the switch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.