Distance piping pump/sand filter

See. I do need help deciphering the Pool Pump Lingo......2HP may not be 2HP.....

I found those too.......either one will work from 30' away?

And both can handle the upgrade to a 16 x 32? about 18,000 gallons? Currently about 8400 gallons

How do I calculate the ability of either of the above Pentair set ups to pump water (in high speed) up to solar panels about 8' up to a patio roof and then back to the pool?
Clearly there is no end to the upgrades when it starts happening....;)

Would this 35 GPM 1hp 2-speed Pentair with a 19" sand filter be sufficient?
PNSD0035DE2160

Or because of the distance is the 1 1/2 HP a better choice?

I apologize for taking so much of your time........thanks

Yep, you may have. This setup (PNSD0035DE2160) is a smaller, 1 HP 2-speed Pentair pump/filter combination of the same line, instead of the 1 1/2 HP and 2 HP I was considering and asking you about earlier. After a ton of research, it's obvious why pumps from Hayward and Pentair to name two are preferred over less expensive brands..I'm good. Thanks for your time and expertise. As the upgrades go on I'm sure I'll have more questions. But for now, I'm good..:wave:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Forgot to mention that the Pentair 1 HP and 1 1/2 HP are the same pump and have the same pump curve so you can get a slightly larger filter with the same pump. PNSD0060DO2260

See, that's what we needed to hear. That makes perfect sense. An upholsterer like me would probably never see that in the specs....just looking at HP. I'll probably go with Pentair 1 1/2 HP or maybe even the 2 HP depending on cost...(overkill, I know)...The 1 HP Pentair seems to be out of stock everywhere anyway....thanks.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.