Dissolving dry stabiliser

Mattfray

May 29, 2020
UK
Hi all! We are setting up our new pool. We c are using bleach to chlorinate, and have a big pack of dry stabiliser
Problem is when we add the dry stabiliser it doesn’t dissolve. The pack says predissolve in a bucket of warm water and agitate but even then as soon as I stop stirring it just settles on the bottom.
I’ve tried adding boiling water to the bucket with no change. Does it really take that long to dissolve? How do I get in the 900 grams I’m supposed to use to get the CYA level up?

Matt

9000 US Gal AG, intex pump with Sun Spring heat pump

Stabilizer is slow to dissolve. It can take 24 hours or more. That is why we recommend putting it in a sock and hanging the sock in front of a return. Squeezing the sock once in a while will help.

Great idea! I’ll give that a try :)
I got a kids float ring toy (tiny one for toddlers) and float the CYA sock in that, we don't have any good way of keeping the CYA-sock off the liner next to our return, as long as the CYA is submerged in the water, it will start to dissolve :)
It's safe to squeeze to help it disburse faster if you prefer, we do!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.