Rochester, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I’m not one to complain, but I think Pentair’s quality is sub par. Last May 2020 we purchased a Warrior SE robot cleaner. It was malfunctioning right out of the box (would only run 10 seconds). We sent back and received a replacement. Now the replacement is doing the same thing. We live in a northern climate, so the pool is only used 4 months out of the year. Additionally the cleaner is stored inside, when not running and is only used 2-3 times per week. Is this a known issue? FYI our Sand Dollar filter failed after 4 years because it developed pin holes in the seam. (Our PB replaced it, because it was a known mfg. issue). Our Pentair heat pump failed after 8 years, and our Pentair pump motor after 6. I realize equipment isn’t forever , but my Bro in law, has a 25 year old system that still runs like a champ. Just venting. What is the typical lifespan of pool equipment? Again, our pool is only used 4 months out of the year.

The Pentair Warrior SE robot is built by Maytronics. Pentair has nothing to do with it, other than the badging.

Many of us have Maytronics robots. In general, we have very few problems.

Other equipment, in your climate, do you take the pump/motor inside during the winter? The heat pump, if the heat exchanger failed, is typically due to uncontrolled pH/trichlor use.

The Pentair Warrior SE robot is built by Maytronics. Pentair has nothing to do with it, other than the badging.

Many of us have Maytronics robots. In general, we have very few problems.

Other equipment, in your climate, do you take the pump/motor inside during the winter? The heat pump, if the heat exchanger failed, is typically due to uncontrolled pH/trichlor use.
Im very careful about PH. Always in the 7.4-7.6 range. Installed a SWG this year, but before that is was liquid chlorine only and all #s kept per TFP recommendations. Pump/motor /accessories all go to the basement during winter. Lines are blown before winter, antifreeze and all equipment disconnected.

The Pentair Warrior SE robot is built by Maytronics. Pentair has nothing to do with it, other than the badging
My "Pentair" Prowler is just a rebranded Maytronics, even says so on the power box and on the bottom of the robot. Mine died back in June, can't fault Pentair for that, or really Maytronics to be honest, sometimes we get a dud. All that I've read, most people have great luck with their robots, but like any other manufactured, or rebranded products, you may get one that will not last as long.

In my case, my problem is I have to go through Pentair for the warranty replacement and they have been the absolute worst. Just terrible communication, assigning repair companies who have no idea what a pool robot is, and a long string of unanswered questions and failed follow up. It has been two months since we opened the ticket and I still do not have a working robot, or even an ETA of when we expect one. Lots of excuses, like supply chains, blah blah blah, but if you talk to the Pool supply company in Colorado where everyone else buys their robots, orders, repairs, replacements, warranties, etc. are all handled with a level of customer service Pentair could learn from.

I'm glad it was just my robot. Can't imagine if I had a pump, or something else go out and had to deal with Pentair for a warranty issue.

Sorry, rant over, but last point, when my robot eventually gets repaired or replaced, I wouldn't hesitate to get another Maytronics robot, just wouldn't get one branded Pentair so I can avoid their customer service if at all possible.

Reactions: Apsuhead
My Warrior SE is bulletproof. Sits in the pool, with the controller completely exposed to the elements, 24/7 during the 8 month pool season here. I’d say you just got a lemon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.