Southeast, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
We had a great first year with our RJ60+. We’re getting our pool remodeled in the spring and we won’t be able to use the SWG for the first 30 days. I bought a bypass valve for when we close.
Do I need to disable the flow switch? Right now the salt console turns on with the pump. What’s the best way to disable it until we are ready to use again next summer?

Once you close, if you replace the cell with a dummy cell, then you can simply turn off power to the control module. That should be fine. If you are concerned about the module being out in the cold, I suppose you could disconnect the wiring and bring in into a shed or garage as well. The flow switch should be fine - water will be flushed out at closing. You could always wrap it with some cloth or something if you were really worried about it.

Once you close, if you replace the cell with a dummy cell, then you can simply turn off power to the control module. That should be fine. If you are concerned about the module being out in the cold, I suppose you could disconnect the wiring and bring in into a shed or garage as well. The flow switch should be fine - water will be flushed out at closing. You could always wrap it with some cloth or something if you were really worried about it.
It won’t turn off with the power button. It just has an alert that the cell is missing and the power button is useless. Now I’m thinking I’ll have to plug the cell back in, hit power, then remove the cell...

Is it fine to have the flow switch on when we don’t use the cell after opening next spring?

Kind of like when I ask my teenagers to take out the garbage. ;)

There are two "nobody/nothing there" scenarios, that both occur. Either the teenagers are mentally absent when talking to them. Or they actually understand and take in the task, but figure that there is no garbage there to be taken out or they thought you were talking about "the other" trash can in the spare room that never gets used. Teenagers tend to think anyway that adults are talking garbage all the time...

Its like its talking and nobody is there. Kind of like when I ask my teenagers to take out the garbage. ;)

Ha ha! I know the feeling. I have almost 4 year old twins and they don't listen to a word. Stop running, stop hitting your sister, blah blah blah. They hear for 10 seconds, then forget and resume activity.

Ha ha! I know the feeling. I have almost 4 year old twins and they don't listen to a word. Stop running, stop hitting your sister, blah blah blah. They hear for 10 seconds, then forget and resume activity.
4 Year old twins here too. My house is insane hahahaha

Reactions: Rq120

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had 4 kids in the span of 5 years... and no, I don't know what I was thinking
First kid we could double team or tag team
Second kid we could cover both with a man on man defense
Third kid we had to switch to a zone defense
Forth kid required a modified shifting zone defense, a little rope dope ... and a lot of tequila

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rq120
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.