Dirty and slightly discolored tiles at water line

Bozer4

Jul 11, 2019
Manteca ca
Looking for some advise on cleaning pool tiles at waterline. Pool is only 2 months old and I brush pool daily with a nylon pool brush but I think I need something a little more aggressive to keep the pool tiles clean. My water chemistry is good and there isn't any scaling on the tiles, they just seem to be a little discolored and dirty. Any advise would be much appreciated, thank you.

Use carefully! Eye protection and hose running to rinse skin and surrounding area...........

25/75 muriatic acid and water in a squirt bottle. A sponge or brush following the squirting. IF the 25/75 does not work you can try 50/50 but I would not go any further than that.

Share a before and after pics. please.

Thank you for the info, I'll give that a try. I ended up using a fine scotchbrite pad before reading this, it worked well and didn't scratch the tile. I think a scum ring forms around the pool, kind of like a bath tub I guess and my regular pool brushing doesn't get rid of it.
thanks, Brett

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.